If you or your baby has skin asthma, you know how frustrating it can be. Because of my daughter, we slowly embraced homeopathy and natural ways of healing. There are expensive and not so expensive ways to deal with skin asthma. Imported and local, complex preparations and simple herbal concoctions.
Here is a list of the herbal and natural methods we were able to do with a lot of relief for my little girl.
- Bathing with boiled guava leaves – this helps dry the frustrating and heart-breaking welts of raw imflamed wounds.
- Drinking a teaspoon to 3 teaspoons of Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO) - this “miraculously healed” my little girl of all her lesions for more than 6 months
- Applying Oleia oil – this helps with the itches which are notorious to creep up when they are sleeping and end up with bloody wounds (I know how it is, we’ve been there)
- Homeopathic medicines and detox – this helps her body become more able to deal with her allergens. It allows her liver to function more efficiently. It’s not as scary as adult liver detox where you undergo semi-fasting and ingesting olive oil. We were just given a very mild regimen of a few drops of neutral-tasting medicines everyday for several weeks.
- Homeopathic ointments – This in conjuction with the other treatments really helped heal her wounds very effectively.
But like what we experienced before, she would have breakouts when she eats even the smallest morsel of chicken or chocolate. So our search for other “cures” continued. I went on a treasurehunt for soaps that would help. I first tried all the lesser expensive natural soaps in the market, with price range of P50-65. But that did not really help. We just persisted because I knew using chemical soaps would only make her condition worse.
Then a few months ago, I was intrigued with a soap using plant enzymes, Plantex. It was interesting because of the properties of enzymes, it acts as catalysts to help break down certain components thus helping metabolize these components. So based on that, it was worth a shot!
I was again pleasantly surprised that my daughter now is almost completely lesion-free just a dry spots where the wounds used to be and a 1/4″ wound where a 2″ one used to be! We do have break-outs still because we are not completely free of her allergens but we are far better than where we were a few months ago.
Some other co-parents have experienced relief with their children’s skin asthma as well, some didn’t but there are a lot more alternatives out there. You just have to find it! Have patience and don’t give up, it may be a combination of things, so look at it as an experiment, the results will be worth it!
I know this for a fact because when I commented how my little girl’s rashes are slowly disappearing and told her “konti na lang” she really couldn’t contain her “YEAAY!!!”, I have to tell you it still brings me close to tears remembering her smile and her joy.
I’ll be featuring these alternatives as I find them, please share yours as well so we can help out our other fellow mommies and their babies.
Homeopathic medicines are available at Dr. Cricket Chen’s clinic Medical Plaza, Makati City 8449185
- How to treat skin asthma? Is there really a cure somewhere out there? I have been asking that question for almost 4 years...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.